repairs and safety

We aim to be a responsible landlord by ensuring
our homes are safe and secure

Requests for maintenance will be dealt with as soon as is reasonably possible, in accordance with appropriate timescales. All contractors responding to repairs on our behalf are suitably vetted.

We are responsible for most of the repairs to the property, to include:

Safety checks

Heating faults

Plumbing repairs

Electrical repairs

Structure of the property

Tenants are responsible for some minor repairs, to include:

Liaising with service providers in the event of loss of service to the property (i.e power cut)

Light bulbs

Replacing batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors

Damage caused by tenants, householders or visitors to the property

Replacement keys

Please contact us as soon as a repair is necessary and we will arrange a convenient date and time to access the property.

Emergency repairs

If an emergency repair is required outside of office hours, please contact the out of hours service on: 02380 285250
The out of hours team will only arrange a repair if it is classed as an emergency, for example:

Major water leak or water leaking into electrical fittings.

Heating system failure in cold weather and there is no secondary heat source in the property.

Loss of electricity and the supplier has confirmed there is no fault.

Loss of water and the supplier has confirmed there is no fault.

Toilet not working and there is no other toilet in the property.

Property is not secure (window or door is broken).

black-and-white-broken-dark-235727

Safety in the home

It is a legal obligation for landlords to ensure gas and electrical safety in the property. We will periodically require access to the property to complete the necessary safety checks, please help us to keep you safe by providing access when requested.

gas safety

Gas safety

If you smell gas or the carbon monoxide alarm sounds or you start to feel symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning:

Evacuate the property immediately, leaving doors and windows open as you leave.

Do not smoke, light matches or use any other naked flame.

Do not use doorbells, door entry phones, mobile phones or any other electrical item / switch which could cause a spark.

Follow the advice given and do not re-enter the property until you are told it is safe to do so.

If you are feeling unwell, visit the hospital immediately. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include:

Nausea

Light-headnesess

Headache

Dizziness

Drowsiness

Carbon monoxide posioning
AdobeStock_119607985_Preview

Fire Safety

In the event of a fire, early detection saves lives. We fit smoke detectors in your home so you must ensure that they are tested regularly and replace the batteries when required.
NEVER REMOVE BATTERIES FROM A SMOKE ALARM.

Every household should have an escape plan to follow in the event of a fire. The Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service website contains important information to assist you in making an escape plan.

Fire Safety tips

Cigarettes are the most common cause of fatal fires. Smoking in our properties is not permitted.

Take extra care in the kitchen, never leave pans unattended when cooking.

Don't overload electrical sockets. Unplug items when not in use.

Don't charge items when you are asleep or out of the house. Switch chargers off when not in use.

Keep door and window keys where all householders can easily find them.

Don't use white goods (washing machine, dishwater, tumble dryer) when you are asleep or out of the house. Register your white goods to ensure that you are informed of any safety issues.

Take extra care when burning candles and keep them away from anything that might catch fire. Make sure candles are properly extinguished when you go to bed or leave the house.

TDS Combined Logo_RGB (002)
Print
NLA_Member_logo